Sunday 1 July 2012

Sarah’s July Wonderful Ways With WASHI Challenge!!

So have you jumped on the washi bandwagon? I'd be surprised if any scrapper hadn't heard of washi tape. It is very popular at the moment. Which is no wonder given, the awesome patterns and colours and it's versatility.
I have recently just started my stash. I have 13 rolls.
My challenge for you this month is to use washi on your page in one (or more) of the following ways;
1. use a LOT of washi tape to create background interest on your page
2. Create a washi embellishment- flower, flag, banner/bunting etc. Do this buy either making your own. Or giving an old embellie a new lease on life by covering in washi.
3 . Or cover some chipboard in washi.
Now fear not if you don't own any washi. It is simple and fun to make your own.
Either get some masking tape and stamp, paint, doodle on it etc.
Or you can simply cut some pattern paper strips the same size as your double sided tape. Remove one backing of the double sided tape and attach paper. If you are after the more usual transparent look of washi tape then use tissue paper instead of normal patterned paper.

Here are some of my work showing you examples of the 3 techniques:
This page is an example of option number 1- using a lot of washi tape to create background interest on your page (the only patterned paper is the craft- the red and yellow are all washi)

This layout is an example of both options 2 and 3. I have created a banner using some washi tape, I covered some old sassafras stickers in a few layers of washi tape to change their colour to suit my page, I have painted some chipboard alphas pink and then covered them in washi tape and i covered some alpha packaging in washi tape and used it behind my photo.

I hope you like the challenge and give it a go.
Layouts need to be uploaded into the correct folder in the gallery by midnight July 31st.
The winner of this challenge will get and awesome kit from Forever Always!

3 comments:

  1. I have HEAPS of Washi!! Can't wait to give this one a go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW your layouts are gorgeous as usual Sarah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no washi....but that will soon be remedied. ;)

    Love your LO Sarah. xo

    ReplyDelete